De Valls Bluff Bridge
Photo taken by J Lance in 1997
BH Photo #141821
Private toll bridge sold to ATHD in 1930
- Lost vertical-lift through truss bridge over White River on US 70 at De Valls Bluff
- Prairie County, Arkansas
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1924; new approaches added 1931; repaired in 1972 and 1988; replaced 2002
- - Harrington, Howard & Ash of Kansas City, Kansas & New York, New York
- Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co. of Leavenworth, Kansas
- Peterson & Earnhart
- White River Bridge Co.
- Vertical lift Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 204.0 ft.
Total length: 1,657.7 ft.
Deck width: 19.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.8 ft.
- Also called
- White River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.79063, -91.44580 (decimal degrees)
34°47'26" N, 91°26'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/642189/3850925 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- De Valls Bluff
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 90000514 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
AHTD 1531 (Arkansas Highway and Transportation Dept. bridge number)
BH 10526 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 30, 2012: Updated by David Backlin: Added builder
- August 12, 2010: New Street View added by Jason Smith
- June 25, 2009: New photo from J Lance
- December 6, 2008: New photos from James Baughn
- HAER AR-21 - White River Bridge
- J Lance - bugo [at] hotmail [dot] com
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- David Backlin - us71 [at] cox [dot] net
- Douglas Butler
- AHTD Bridge Record