AKMD - Glenwood Railroad Bridge
Oblique View Of Pony
Photo taken by Wayne Kizziar in April 2009
BH Photo #139220
Written by J Randall Houp
Railroad bridge originally built for the Gurdon & Fort Smith Railroad in 1907. Along with this pony was also a pass-through truss on the southeast side of the current pony bridge. It was taken out years later, just leaving the pony bridge. The G.&F.S. was later taken over by the Missouri Paciific Railroad. Other names have also ran this road with the last being the Caddo Valley Railroad who in 2011 filed for bankruptcy. Railroad soon to fade into Arkansas history.
- February 29, 2012: New photo from J Randall Houp
- February 28, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 27, 2012: Essay added by J Randall Houp
- April 26, 2009: New photos from Wayne Kizziar
- February 20, 2009: Added by J Lance
- J Lance - bugo [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Wayne Kizziar - waynekizziar [at] gmail [dot] com
- Fred Garcia
- J. Randall Houp