CVYR - Antoine River Bridge #2
Antoine River Railroad Bridge #2
Photo showing west side of bridge.
Photo taken by J Randall Houp in July 2010
BH Photo #227362
Written by J Randall Houp
This is the 2nd Antoine River Railroad bridge going north out of Pike City Junction. Less than a 1/2 mile north of this bridge is the Antoine River Bridge #3. Topography map show this area as the "Twin Bridges." Not the original bridge constructed at this location. Original bridge built in 1907 for the Gurdon & Fort Smith Railroad. Last train, operated by the now bankrupt Caddo Valley Railroad, ran in 2009. This whole 52 mile stretch of railroad will soon disappear into Arkansas history. Corrider to be left for possible hiking trail or a future railroad. This bridge is located a about 2 miles north of the ghost-town of Shawmut, Arkansas. This whole section of railroad sits in a very scenic and remote section of Arkansas.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Antoine River on former Caddo Valley Railroad
- Pike County, Arkansas, and Clark County, Arkansas
- Closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Possible future railroad or Hiking trail.
- - Caddo Valley Railroad (CVYR)
- Deck plate girder
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.17569, -93.45170 (decimal degrees)
34°10'32" N, 93°27'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/458372/3781728 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Chalybeate Mountain West
- Inventory number
- BH 51663 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 17, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Removed category "Railroad"
- March 9, 2012: Essay added by J Randall Houp