CVYR - Caney Creek Bridge
Caney Creek Railroad Bridge
Photo showing west side of bridge and pier.
Photo taken by J Randall Houp in July 2010
BH Photo #227367
Written by J Randall Houp
This bridge is located a 1/2 mile north of the ghost-town of Shawmut, Arkansas. Not the original bridge at this location. The original bridge was built in 1907 for the Gurdon & Fort Smith Railroad. Last train operated by the Caddo Valley Railroad ran in 2009. The CVRR filed for bankruptcy in 2011 and the railroad will soon fade into Arkansas history. Bridge sits in very rugid and scenic area.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Caney Creek on former Caddo Valley Railroad
- Pike County, Arkansas
- Closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Possible future railroad or hiking trail.
- - Caddo Valley Railroad (CVYR)
- Deck plate girder
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.15791, -93.45651 (decimal degrees)
34°09'28" N, 93°27'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/457920/3779759 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Chalybeate Mountain West
- Inventory number
- BH 51664 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 12, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- March 9, 2012: Essay added by J Randall Houp