This was the first of 9 steel bridges built across the Petit Jean River in Logan County, ARK. Built in 1898 by the Groton Bridge Company of Groton, New York. Originally named the Thomas Bridge. The ford at this location was originally named the Evan Thomas Crossing or just the Thomas Ford. When the Thomas family moved on or passed away the Kilburn family moved to this location. On October 2, 1905, it was decided by the County Court to dismantle the Thomas Bridge and move it a 1/2 mile just south of Magazine to be the #1 Magazine Bridge (Estep Ford Bridge). At the last minute in 1906 the Illinois Bridge Company of Jacksonville, IL., talked the county into building a new bridge instead of relocating the Thomas Bridge. This bridge was washed away in a severe flood in May 1990. The present bridge, constructed of railroad flatcars now sits at this location. Cost of flatcar bridge in 1991 was estimated at $113,000.00. The original bridge built in 1898 cost the county $4,500.00. Several piers from the original Thomas Bridge (Kilburn) are still under the present bridge, A REMINDER OF HISTORY PAST. Complete documented history to be completed soon.