J Randall Houp collection
BH Photo #225382
This bridge was constructed in September-October 1905 by the Joliet Bridge and Iron Company of Joliet, Illinois at the cost of $3,200.00. Originally known as the Perkins Ford Bridge with a span of 118 feet with a 22 foot approach on the east side and 54 foot approach on the west end. This is the same bridge company that a year later would construct the Buttram Ford Bridge "Magazine #3" the following year in 1906. The Perkins Ford Bridge was originally built on the old Booneville-Waldron Road that would later become Arkansas Highway 23 in December of 1937. Bridge would become known as the Carolan Bridge because of the small unincorporated town 3 miles southwest of the bridge.