Overview of west approach
Photo provided by the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department
BH Photo #100617
Designed in 1936 and built in 1937 by C.F. Lytle of Sioux City, Iowa, the bridge at Imboden is an interesting example of State Highway Department bridge design in the later 1930s and may be compared with the bridge over the North Fork River. Both involve the economical steel deck truss with concrete deck, though the Imboden bridge uses three pony trusses where it spans the river.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Pony and deck truss bridge over Spring River and the Frisco Railroad on US 62 at Imboden
- Lawrence County, Arkansas, and Randolph County, Arkansas
- Open to two-lane traffic, with a pedestrian sidewalk
- Built 1937 by C.F. Lytle of Sioux City, Iowa
- - C.F. Lytle Co. of Sioux City, Iowa
- From south to north:
Concrete deck girder approach spans, total length 138 ft.
Three riveted, 11-panel Pratt deck trusses, each 112 ft.
Three riveted, 11-panel Parker pony trusses, each 112 ft.
Concrete deck girder approach spans, total length 240 ft.
Length of largest span: 112.0 ft.
Total length: 1,049.9 ft.
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 9, 1990
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.20571, -91.17193 (decimal degrees)
36°12'21" N, 91°10'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/664339/4008313 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numers
- AHTD 1984 (Arkansas Highway and Transportation Dept. bridge number)
NRHP 90000513 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 10412 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 40.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 27, 2015: HAER photos posted by Dave King
- March 5, 2011: New Street View added by J.P.
- October 6, 2005: Posted additional photos from David Backlin
- David Backlin - us71 [at] cox [dot] net
- HAER AR-26 - St. Louis - San Francisco Bridge
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER AR-26 - St. Louis - San Francisco Bridge, Spanning Spring River at U.S. Highway 62, Imboden, Lawrence County, AR