MNA - Black River Bridge
Black River Railroad Bridge on Missiouri & North Arkansas RR
Photo looking north.
Photo taken by J Randall Houp in November 2010
BH Photo #225412
Written by J Randall Houp
Through Truss Swing Bridge. Fascinating old railroad bridge in rough condition. Both appraoches on each end have new all cement pillars that have replaced former all wood trestles. Black River separates Independence County and Jackson County.
- Through truss swing bridge over Black River onMissouri Pacific Railroad
- Independence County, Arkansas, and Jackson County, Arkansas
- Open to traffic
- - McClintic-Marshall Co. of Chicago, Illinois & Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Superstructure)
- Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co. of Leavenworth, Kansas (Substructure)
- Union Bridge & Construction Co. of Kansas City, Missouri (Erection)
- - Missouri & Northern Arkansas Railroad (MNA)
- Missouri Pacific Railroad (MP; MoPac)
- Swing Warren through truss with all verticals
- Also called
- MoPac - Black River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.66945, -91.34392 (decimal degrees)
35°40'10" N, 91°20'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/649885/3948549 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51310 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 11, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added categories "Pin-connected", "Riveted"
- January 21, 2016: Updated by Luke: Builders
- August 3, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Navigable waterway", "Missouri & Northern Arkansas Railroad"
- February 16, 2012: Essay added by J Randall Houp