Springfield Bridge (current location)
Side Elevation looking south west
Photo taken by Wayne Kizziar in August 2017
BH Photo #399645
The new caissons installed in December, 2016 and the bridge restored and reset in July 2017.
- Relocated bowstring through truss bridge over Beaverfork Lake on Beaverfork Park Trailway
- Conway, Faulkner County, Arkansas
- Open to pedestrians
- Fabricated in 1871 but not installed over Cadron Creek until 1874. Removed November 2016 for relocation; restoration completed Aug. 10, 2017; bridge dedicated Sept. 23, 2017
- - Alfred Cook & James Allen (Contractors for 1874 Stone Abutments)
- George B. Preston (1874 Contractor For On-Site Erection)
- King Iron Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio (1871 Fabrication, at King Bridge Manufactory & Iron Works of Iola, Kansas) [also known as King Bridge Co.]
- Workin' Bridges / BACH Steel (2016-2017 Restoration)
- Bowstring through truss
Length of largest span: 146.0 ft.
Total length: 186.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Also called
- Springfield-Des Arc Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.14147, -92.45380 (decimal degrees)
35°08'29" N, 92°27'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/549755/3888868 (zone/easting/northing)
- 302 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 74700 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 24, 2017: Bridge has been dedicated and is open to pedestrians; changed name to make it more clear this is the new location
- August 11, 2017: Updated by Wayne Kizziar: Bridge rehab complete. Landscaping being completed by City of Conway & County of Faulkner.
- August 1, 2017: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Cruciform Outriggers"
- April 19, 2017: Updated by Julie Bowers: updated to reflect contractor and status
- April 9, 2017: Updated by Julie Bowers: Changed name to reflect the current name use by City of Conway.
- January 22, 2017: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Added category "Othmar H. Ammann Nominee"
- December 23, 2016: New photos from Julie Bowers
- December 22, 2016: Updated by Nathan Holth: Linked this page to original bridge page, added 1874 builders, added HAER docs for convienience.
- December 22, 2016: New photos from Julie Bowers
- December 8, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- December 8, 2016: Added by Julie Bowers