Photo of bridge when it spanned across Frog Bayou.
J. Randall Houp collection
Written by J Randall Houp
This was the 2nd Rudy Bridge built. The first one built in 1894 was lost in the great flood of 1927. This bridge was completed and opened in May 1929 at a total cost to Crawford County of $9318.12. Unfortunately, this bridge was replaced by a "big cement ugly"
- Lost Through truss bridge over Frog Bayou
- Rudy, Crawford County, Arkansas
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1929, Lakeside Bridge & Steel Company
- - Lakeside Bridge and Steel Co.
- Through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.52561, -94.27185 (decimal degrees)
35°31'32" N, 94°16'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/384685/3932077 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 51510 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 29, 2012: Essay added by J Randall Houp