Lee Creek Road Bridge
Photo taken Dec. 2004 by David Backlin
BH Photo #100356
Built 1898 as a two span through truss; one span replaced by two Warren pony trusses in 1930; bypassed by new bridge in 1994-95
- Abandoned through truss bridge over Lee Creek on Lee Creek Road (West Rena Road), just north of I-40
- Van Buren, Crawford County, Arkansas
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1898; one span replaced in 1930; bypassed in 1995
- Main span: Pin-connected, 7-panel Pratt through truss (1898)
West approach: Two riveted Warren pony trusses (1930)
Length of largest span: 126.0 ft.
Total length: 296.9 ft.
Deck width: 10.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 21, 2010
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.46463, -94.38930 (decimal degrees)
35°27'53" N, 94°23'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/373940/3925457 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Fort Smith
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 09001241 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
AHTD 19094 (Arkansas Highway and Transportation Dept. bridge number)
BH 10312 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 29, 2010: Updated by James Baughn: Posted to the National Register
- March 8, 2005: Posted photos by David Backlin
- David Backlin - us71 [at] cox [dot] net
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com