Fryer's Ford Bridge
Photo taken June 2002 and provided by the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department
BH Photo #100304
The Fryer's Ford Bridge was the oldest pin-connected Pratt through steel truss bridge still in use in Arkansas. It is the only known bridge built by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company in Arkansas.
- Through truss bridge over East Fork Point Remove Creek on CR 67 (Fryer Bridge Road)
- Conway County, Arkansas
- Collapsed by an overloaded truck .
- Built 1890 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio, Lost 2011
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Pin-connected, 7-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 126.0 ft.
Total length: 130.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 26, 2004
- Also called
- Solgohachia Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.26971, -92.71344 (decimal degrees)
35°16'11" N, 92°42'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/526063/3902990 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 7 N., R. 16 W., Sec. 9
- Inventory numbers
- AHTD 17862 (Arkansas Highway and Transportation Dept. bridge number)
NRHP 04000498 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 10293 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 6.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1987)
- February 28, 2014: New photo from Jack Schmidt
- September 12, 2011: New photo from Gene McCluney
- August 19, 2011: New photos from Lisa Hyde
- April 11, 2011: Updated by Wayne Kizziar: Changed status to collapsed.
- January 30, 2010: Posted HAER photos
- December 15, 2008: New photos from Gene McCluney
- Wayne Kizziar - waynekizziar [at] gmail [dot] com
- Fred Garcia
- Gene McCluney - gmacfilm [at] live [dot] com
- HAER AR-64 - Fryer's Ford Bridge, Spanning East Fork of Point Remove Creek at Fryer , Solgohachia vicinity, Conway County, AR
- Lisa Hyde
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net