Terre Noire Creek Bridge
Terre Noire Bridge
Photo showing what is under bridge, looking up stream. (north)
Photo taken by J Randall Houp in June 2011
BH Photo #225728
Written by J Randall Houp
This bridge is the worst bridge I have seen in years. Its not an "Ugly Bridge", so I think we may need to start a new file called "Hogan's Goat". This bridge is unsafe! I drove across it and wondered if I had made a major mistake. Not long after I crawled across a large truck passed over it. This bridge is ready for the old bridge graveyard.
- Steel stringer bridge over Terre Noire Creek with all wood deck
- Clark County, Arkansas
- Open to traffic
- Built ca. 1950
- Steel stringer with all wood deck.
Length of largest span: 39.0 ft.
Total length: 96.1 ft.
Deck width: 14.7 ft.
- Also called
- Red Springs Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.91741, -93.03582 (decimal degrees)
33°55'03" N, 93°02'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/496688/3752998 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 1987)
- Inventory numbers
- AHTD 11077 (Arkansas Highway and Transportation Dept. bridge number)
BH 51383 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2013)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 46.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 11, 2012: Merged duplicate listings
- February 21, 2012: Essay added by J Randall Houp