Pike City Junction Trestle
View Looking South
Trestle is about quarter mile from locomotive shed. Note Hunting club sign on fence
Photo taken by Fredrick Garcia in August 2010
Bridge has walkway with cable handrail on west side. Hunting club sign "Property leased to T&C Hunting Club"
Written by J Randall Houp
Original trestle contructed at this location in 1896 by the Southwestern Arkansas & Indian Territory Railroad. From this point it traveled west, across the Antoine River and ended up at Pike City, in eastern Pike County, Arkansas.
- Abandoned timber stringer bridge over Little Antoine Creek on Missouri Pacific Railroad
- Antoine, Clark County, Arkansas
- Standard timber trestle
Total length: 80.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.03466, -93.40812 (decimal degrees)
34°02'05" N, 93°24'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/462326/3766074 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 45931 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 11, 2012: New photos from J Randall Houp
- February 27, 2012: Essay added by J Randall Houp
- April 11, 2011: Updated by David Backlin: Added railroad name, stream name
- August 19, 2010: Updated by David Backlin: Added USGS
- August 18, 2010: Added by Fredrick Garcia