Kings River CR 306 Bridge
Kings River Bridge
Photo looking south.
Photo taken by J. Randall Houp, 1984
BH Photo #226300
Written by J. Randall Houp
Carroll County Court records show that this bridge was built and completed in 1916 by the Reeves Construction Company. Also the Berryville newspaper dated November 1916 also confirms the date of completion. This bridge along with the Osage Creek Bridge to the east was at that time the major thoroughfare that ran from Eureka Springs to Berryville. Complete history to be written along with additional photographs.
- Lost three-span through truss bridge over Kings River on CR 306
- Carroll County, Arkansas
- Demolished and never replaced
- Built 1916
- - Reeves Construction Co.
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 174.8 ft.
Total length: 480.8 ft.
Deck width: 9.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.38945, -93.65858 (decimal degrees)
36°23'22" N, 93°39'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/440936/4027347 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Eureka Springs
- Inventory numbers
- AHTD 10937 (Arkansas Highway and Transportation Dept. bridge number)
BH 10241 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 28, 2012: Essay added by J. Randall Houp