Benzal Road Bridge
Benzel Road Bridge
Photo showing Bailey deck looking west.
Photo taken by J Randall Houp, July 30, 2009
BH Photo #225965
Written by J Randall Houp
I found this little bridge of interest on my way out to the Benzel Railroad Bridge. Actually sits in the Trusten Holder Wildlife Management Area. White River is seen on north side of bridge.
- Steel stringer bridge over Menard Bayou on Benzal Road
- Arkansas County, Arkansas
- Open to traffic
- Built 2004
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 37.1 ft.
Total length: 97.1 ft.
Deck width: 11.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.01620, -91.18856 (decimal degrees)
34°00'58" N, 91°11'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/667261/3765431 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Henrico SW
- Inventory numbers
- AHTD 20859 (Arkansas Highway and Transportation Dept. bridge number)
BH 51424 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 76.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1987)
- January 26, 2015: Updated by Dave King: Updated page with NBI data
- February 24, 2012: Essay added by J Randall Houp
- J. Randall Houp
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com