Built concurrently with Smith Lake Dam (along with nearby Duncan Bridge) to span the deep water that would back up over the valley of Rock Creek, the locally notable span connects the steep grades on both sides with a gentle dip in the middle.
- Girder bridge over Rock Creek (Smith Lake) on Co Rt 77 (Helicon Road)
- Winston County, Alabama
- Open to traffic
- Built 1961
Length of largest span: 180.1 ft.
Total length: 865.2 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.08795, -87.16961 (decimal degrees)
34°05'17" N, 87°10'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/484353/3771920 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1991)
- Inventory numbers
- AL 7453 (Alabama bridge number)
BH 80705 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 63.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 12, 2018: New Street View added by Zachary S