Black Warrior/Northport Bridge
Bridge before relocation
Photo from Friends of Northport website
BH Photo #176774
This historic bridge has been renovated, converted into a pedestrian bridge, and moved into a park.
- Bowstring through truss bridge
- Northport, Tuscaloosa County, Alabama
- Open to pedestrians only.
- Built 1882; Only known remaining span (out of 4) of Alabama's oldest iron bridge.
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- Wrought iron Bowstring through truss
- Also called
- Espey Bridge
Old King Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.22278, -87.59857 (decimal degrees)
33°13'22" N, 87°35'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/444224/3676144 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 46099 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 12, 2018: Updated by Ben Tate: Park is now open
- May 20, 2011: Updated by Ben Tate: Bridge restoration complete.
- September 8, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Ben Tate - benji5221 [at] yahoo [dot] com