Sullins Road Bridge
Photo taken by Zachary S in January 2015
License: Released into public domain
BH Photo #313809
Abandoned and partially covered in fallen trees from an intense tornado passing just to the northwest on April 27 2011. The road is bypassed and abandoned. South approach road (gravel) is basically washed out with deep gullies throughout.
- Riveted Pratt through truss bridge over Bull Mountain Creek on Sullins Rd
- Marion County, Alabama
- Abandoned; bypass road has new bridge built c. 2002
- Built c. 1900, rehabilitated 1935, abandoned c. 2002
- Pratt through truss
Span length: 101.1 ft.
Total length: 101.1 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.27488, -87.98049 (decimal degrees)
34°16'30" N, 87°58'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/409744/3793069 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 63357 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 7, 2014: Added by Zachary S