I C Railroad Bridge
West side of bridge
From northwest. Kudzu seems to have reclaimed the bridge. Abandoned Illinois Central railbed runs under the bridge.
Photo taken by Zachary S in May 2014
License: Released into public domain
BH Photo #284785
Wooden bridge above former Illinois Central line, abandoned when road was realigned. IC line below it was closed and removed in the 1990s.
- Abandoned timber stringer bridge over I C Railroad on City 12
- Hackleburg, Marion County, Alabama
- Abandoned but still extant
- Future prospects
- Abandoned on old alignment of Old Hackleburg Road over former IC railbed
- Built 1930, abandoned 1990s
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 20.0 ft.
Total length: 87.9 ft.
Deck width: 16.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.26805, -87.81798 (decimal degrees)
34°16'05" N, 87°49'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/424698/3792180 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 60704 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 4, 2014: New photos from Zachary S
- April 18, 2014: Added by Zachary S