Yellow Creek Relief Bridges
One of at least three old stringer bridges over Yellow Creek east of Vernon, bypassed by a new road to the south but still extant.
- Timber stringer bridge over Yellow Creek on First Avenue East
- Vernon, Lamar County, Alabama
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1928, bypassed and abandoned
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 17.1 ft.
Total length: 153.9 ft.
Deck width: 19.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.75500, -88.10333 (decimal degrees)
33°45'18" N, 88°06'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/397815/3735538 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- AL 488 (Alabama bridge number)
BH 70840 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/1993)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 17.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1990)
- February 9, 2016: New Street View added by Zachary S