CG - I-20 Overpass
Fairly modern (1960s era) Central of Georgia deck plate girder bridge with concrete piers. Abandoned, but in great shape with an unpaved informal road apparently going across it. One of two railroad overpasses within 300 feet of each other on I-20 in Leeds, the other being an active NS bridge.
- Abandoned deck plate girder bridge over I-20 on Central of Georgia Railway (abandoned)
- Leeds, Jefferson County, Alabama
- - Central of Georgia Railway (CG)
- Concrete pier and deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 63.0 ft.
Total length: 235.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.55558, -86.57145 (decimal degrees)
33°33'20" N, 86°34'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/539780/3712963 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- AL 7211 (Alabama bridge number)
BH 63040 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 18, 2014: Added by Zachary S