Old Highway 78 Bridge
BH Photo #294120
Probably not a particularly notable bridge, but its abandonment, the abandonment of the rail line underneath, and the massive amount of kudzu covering the entire structure adds a sort of mystique.
- Abandoned bridge over L&N Railroad (abandoned) on Old Highway 78 (Abandoned)
- Jefferson County, Alabama
- Abandoned and covered in kudzu
Length of largest span: 32.2 ft.
Total length: 94.2 ft.
Deck width: 23.3 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.69316, -86.98982 (decimal degrees)
33°41'35" N, 86°59'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/500943/3728135 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 62966 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 10, 2014: New Street View added by Zachary S