Halls Creek Bridge
Non color photo
BH Photo #167700
Listed in NBI as being built in 1950, but other indications, plus the park's plaque, state a 1902 construction date.
Written by Zachary S
This bridge was built in 1902 across Turkey Creek near Pinson on Blountsville Road, along the route to Tapawingo Springs, an early 20th century attraction in Jefferson County. In 1975 it was moved to its current location, over Mill (Cooley) Creek, where it carries one-way traffic into the park. It enjoys some degree of preservation amongst the other historic structures the park offers. It will likely be around for a long time to come.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Halls Creek in Tannehill State Park
- Jefferson County, Alabama
- Open to one-way traffic into Tannehill State Park parking lot
- Built 1902, relocated to current site in 1975
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 80.1 ft.
Total length: 141.1 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.6 ft.
- Also called
- Tapawingo Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.25745, -87.06257 (decimal degrees)
33°15'27" N, 87°03'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/494172/3679829 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- AL 3622 (Alabama bridge number)
BH 36067 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 22.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 30, 2014: New photos from Zachary S
- July 9, 2014: New photos from Andrew Raker
- August 6, 2013: Updated by Clark Vance: Added categories "5-panel truss", "Wooden deck", "Pin-connected"
- July 30, 2013: Essay added by Zachary S
- July 11, 2013: Updated by Zachary S: Two sources hint at 1902 date, more in line with its appearance, so for now will put 1902 as date till disproven
- June 18, 2010: New photos from Justin Crocker
- Justin Crocker
- Ben Tate - benji5221 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Zachary S
- Flickr - Reference to age
- Site - Reference to age
- Andrew Raker