Walnut Street Bridge
Photo taken by Ben Tate in June 2011
BH Photo #202575
Besides the bolts, this bridge is made up of all wood.
- Timber stringer bridge over CSX Railroad on Walnut Street
- Cullman, Cullman County, Alabama
- Open to traffic
- Built 1915; rehabilitated 1986
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 21.3 ft.
Total length: 116.1 ft.
Deck width: 16.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.19898, -86.85029 (decimal degrees)
34°11'56" N, 86°51'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/513792/3784228 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- AL 16883 (Alabama bridge number)
BH 47919 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 26.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 11, 2015: New photos from Zachary S
- February 28, 2013: Updated by Ben Tate: Added categories "Wooden deck", "Wooden railroad overpass"
- June 25, 2011: Updated by Ben Tate: added photos
- February 2, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Ben Tate - benji5221 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Zachary S