4th Street Bridge
Overview (Looking West)
There is more to this bridge than meets the eye.
Photo taken by James McCray
BH Photo #241535
The date inscription on this bridge reads 1935, but this seems to refer to the concrete facade of the bridge. When one takes a closer inspection of the bridge one will find that the bridge has an older "medieval" type stone arch and buttress structure underneath the newer concrete portions. Therefore, the original structure of the bridge has to be much older.
- Stone arch bridge over an unnamed creek on 4th Street
- Cullman, Cullman County, Alabama
- Open to traffic
- Bridge seems to be built pre 1900 and then rehabilitated/widened in 1935.
- Stone arch
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.17318, -86.84469 (decimal degrees)
34°10'23" N, 86°50'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/514313/3781368 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 53940 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 16, 2012: New photos from James McCray
- October 15, 2012: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com