NS - Hatchett Creek Trestle
Norfolk Southern railroad trestle NW of Goodwater, AL. Near the site of a bridge fire in 1891. Very little information is available; various sources place the build date from the 1890s to the 1920s. 105 feet high over Hatchett Creek. Most information comes from various railfan photographs and videos.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Hatchett Creek
- Coosa County, Alabama
- Open to traffic
- Built ca. 1924
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Deck plate girder
Total length: 883.0 ft.
- Also called
- Goodwater Train Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.08688, -86.07631 (decimal degrees)
33°05'13" N, 86°04'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/586203/3661297 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 56138 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 8, 2013: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Tall Bridges"
- May 1, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Norfolk Southern Railway"
- May 1, 2013: Updated by Zachary S: Added category "Railroad"