Looking southeast from the north approach stringer span
Photo taken by JT Legg in March 2010
BH Photo #163418
The main truss span collapsed under a heavy load and was rebuilt with a new truss. This is why there is the unusual design of that part of the span. This information came from local sources.
- Through truss bridge over Tallapoosa River on CR 84 in Heflin
- Cleburne County, Alabama
- Open to traffic
- Built 1951
- Subdivided Warren Through truss
Length of largest span: 120.1 ft.
Total length: 240.2 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 10.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.61681, -85.55506 (decimal degrees)
33°37'01" N, 85°33'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/634038/3720605 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Ross Mountain
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- AL 4077 (Alabama bridge number)
BH 36051 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 23, 2010: Updated by Nick Brnot: Clarified design
- JT Legg - talmo346 [at] hotmail [dot] com