NS/CSX - Tombigbee River Bridge
Built in 1948-49 by the Southern Railway.
Approach spans of 238' 10". Lift span 335' 5.5". 52' clearance above high water level when raised.
- Through truss bridge over Tombigbee River on Norfolk Southern, CSX
- Jackson, Clarke County, Alabama, and Washington County, Alabama
- Open to traffic
- - Hardaway Construction Co./Hardaway Contracting Co. of Columbus, Georgia
- Harrington & Cortelyou of Kansas City
- Virginia Bridge Co. of Roanoke, Virginia
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Southern Railway (SOU)
- Multi-span through truss with vertical lift span
Length of largest span: 335.5 ft.
Total length: 801.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.49412, -87.90736 (decimal degrees)
31°29'39" N, 87°54'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/413826/3484721 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 62967 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 11, 2019: Updated by Clark Vance: Added categories "Virginia Bridge Co.", "Hardaway Contracting Co."
- June 11, 2019: New photos from Geoff Hubbs
- June 8, 2019: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Harrington & Cortelyou"
- December 7, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- October 28, 2015: New photo from Douglas Butler
- September 12, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- September 11, 2014: New photo from Douglas Butler
- September 10, 2014: Added by Zachary S