CR 723 (Old US 31 Bridge)
Photo taken by James McCray in January 2015
BH Photo #312454
The bridge is on an old and partially abandoned alignment of US 31. Interestingly enough, the bridge is open to traffic on a still official county road.
- Concrete stringer bridge over CSX Railroad on Co Rd 723
- Clanton, Chilton County, Alabama
- Open to traffic
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Tee beam
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 235.6 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.71399, -86.48532 (decimal degrees)
32°42'50" N, 86°29'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/548234/3619697 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- AL 20134 (Alabama bridge number)
BH 51091 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 71.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 4, 2015: New photos from James McCray
- January 26, 2012: Updated by James McCray: Added category "US 31"
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com