SOU - Caffee Creek Bridge
Bridge is listed as part of the Southern Ry Blocton Branch, which carried the Southern from Gurnee Junction, AL, to Blocton, AL, where the line met up with the L&N. The massive bridge that took this line across the Cahaba River was still standing in 1998 and was gone by 2003, whereas this bridge was already gone in early 1998, so currently assuming that the bridges were likely taken down as a part of one bigger decommissioning project. In any case, stone or concrete footings that once held the towers for this bridge are now all that remain of its existence.
- Lost Deck plate girder bridge over Caffee Creek on Southern Rwy
- Bibb County, Alabama
- Demolished, footings remain
- Deck plate girder
Total length: 500.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.08865, -87.08910 (decimal degrees)
33°05'19" N, 87°05'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/491684/3661118 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 90898 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 13, 2020: Added by Sean Dean