Ahkovak Street Causeway
Causeway across Isatkoak Lagoon
One of the few paved roads in the North Slope (permafrost makes pavement ineffective and extremely difficult to do)
- Causeway over Isatkoak Lagoon on Ahkovak Street, one concrete culvert
- Barrow, North Slope Borough, Alaska
- Open to traffic
- Rehabilitated 2015
- Other, contains one concrete culvert
Span length: 1,073.0 ft.
Total length: 1,073.0 ft.
Deck width: 37.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +71.29496, -156.75190 (decimal degrees)
71°17'42" N, 156°45'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 4/580450/7911789 (zone/easting/northing)
- 10 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 77032 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 12, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- May 12, 2017: Updated by scott b.: Added more info